The Left Bank: St. Germain, the Latin Quarter & Notre Dame
Non-Stop Running Time: One hour and 56 minutes.
- Explore the white hot center of Paris where writers, artists and musicians come to create.
- Go inside St. Germain des Pres, the oldest church in Paris,
- Hear of massacres and martyrs, chic shops and naughty novels,
- Enjoy the art of the cafe,
- Learn what happened to the heads of Notre Dame's statues,
- See Roman ruins beneath the Cathedral,
- Wander into a hidden jewel of a Renaissance courtyard,
- Window shop to the pulse of Jazz,
- Meander a marvelous morning market,
- Glimpse the Eiffel Tower,
- Walk the street where the guillotine was perfected,
- Eat French fries in the student quarter,
- Encounter Ernest Hemingway, Josephine Baker, Ben Franklin and the Empress Josephine,
- Learn a secret entrance to the Louvre,
- Soak in Impressionists and Existentialists, intellectuals and revolutionaries.
Start: Pyramid Court of the Louvre
End: Notre Dame